Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of Eucla district.
Issued at 11:17 pm Wednesday, 21 February 2018.
At 10:30pm AWST ex-Tropical Cyclone Kelvin was estimated to be 60 kilometres to the northwest of Forrest, moving steadily towards the south southeast.
The low is expected to cause DAMAGING WINDS with gusts to 100 kilometres per hour close to the system centre which could cause DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY.
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING is possible over the Eucla district.
Conditions will gradually ease during the early hours of Thursday morning.
Flood watches and warnings are also current please refer to
http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/warnings/ for latest details.
Locations which may be affected include Eucla and Forrest.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 am AWST Thursday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Ashendon (32.2312°S, 116.1405°E, 371m AMSL) Ashendon,WA set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Sunny. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the morning then becoming SW 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 15 and 18 with daytime temperatures reaching 28 to 33.
Forecast for Ashendon (32.2312°S, 116.1405°E, 371m AMSL) Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Summary Minimum 17° 16° 15° 18° 16° 13° 14° Maximum 31° 30° 30° 29° 24° 24° 30° Chance of rain 20% 5% 50% 60% 70% 5% 5% Likely amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 12
Wind direction NE W SSW SSW ESE ESE ENE SW SSW WSW SSE SSW E SSE Relative humidity 62% 39% 73% 38% 63% 39% 67% 47% 65% 45% 59% 33% 51% 28% Dew point 17°C 15°C 17°C 15°C 13°C 15°C 17°C 16°C 12°C 11°C 8°C 7°C 9°C 9°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Ashendon (32.2312°S, 116.1405°E, 371m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon 5:34am WST 5:59am WST 6:59pm WST 7:24pm WST 11:49am WST 11:04pm WST Waxing crescent First quarter Feb 23 Full moon Mar 02 Last quarter Mar 09 New moon Mar 18
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday 31 30 30 29 24 24 30
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday 0 0 0 5 0 0 0