Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS, HEAVY RAINFALL and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of South West district.
Issued at 6:39 pm Monday, 20 August 2018.
Potentially SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS have developed near the South West Capes.
A low pressure system is approaching the SW corner of the State. At 6:30pm the radar showed a number of potentially SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS approaching the South West Capes area.
One of these thunderstorms is approaching the Busselton area, and is expected to move through between 7:00pm and 7:30pm.
Other locations which may be affected include Margaret River, Augusta and Dunsborough.
Storms could cause DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY.
These thunderstorms are unusually intense for this time of the year, and are more typical of those that occur in the warmer months of the year.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If there is flooding, create your own sandbags by using pillow cases filled with sand and place them around doorways to protect your home.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Do not drive into water of unknown depth and current.
* Slow down and turn your headlights on.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* If it is raining heavily and you cannot see, pull over and park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears.
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:40 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Antonymyre (20.6632°S, 117.0934°E, 11m AMSL) Antonymyre,WA set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Sunny. Light winds becoming NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then tending NW/SW in the early afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 11 with daytime temperatures reaching around 30.
Forecast for Antonymyre (20.6632°S, 117.0934°E, 11m AMSL) Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Summary Minimum 10° 12° 13° 12° 11° 11° 12° Maximum 31° 31° 30° 28° 29° 30° 31° Chance of rain 5% 5% 5% 5% 5% 5% 5% Likely amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index Very High Very High Very High Very High - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 8
Wind direction SE N SSE NNW ESE ENE ESE ENE SE NE SE NE S N Relative humidity 29% 33% 40% 27% 18% 18% 19% 16% 21% 18% 20% 18% 25% 18% Dew point 4°C 13°C 9°C 10°C -3°C 3°C -3°C 0°C -1°C 2°C -1°C 3°C 4°C 4°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Antonymyre (20.6632°S, 117.0934°E, 11m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter 6:07am WST 6:30am WST 5:59pm WST 6:22pm WST 1:46pm WST 2:27am WST Waxing gibbous Full moon Aug 26 Last quarter Sep 03 New moon Sep 10 First quarter Sep 17
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday 31 31 30 28 29 30 31
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday 0 0 0 0 0 0 0