Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS and DAMAGING SURF
For people in South Coastal and parts of South West and Great Southern districts.
Issued at 10:46 pm Friday, 19 April 2019.
Squally conditions over the south coast will ease Saturday morning.
A cold and unstable air mass with squally thunderstorms, heavy showers, and small hail over the south coast will ease early Saturday morning.
Squally showers and thunderstorms may produce DAMAGING winds to 100 kilometres per hour and could cause DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY in the warning area until early Saturday morning.
DAMAGING SURF CONDITIONS may occur and could cause some BEACH EROSION during Saturday morning.
Locations which may be affected include Albany, Mount Barker, Bremer Bay, Denmark, Walpole and Windy Harbour.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 am AWST Saturday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Antewenegerrde (25.9941°S, 128.3424°E, 564m AMSL) Antewenegerrde,NT set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers or a thunderstorm in the east in the morning. Winds S/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending S/SE 20 to 30 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 21 with daytime temperatures reaching 20 to 29.
Forecast for Antewenegerrde (25.9941°S, 128.3424°E, 564m AMSL) Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Summary Minimum 22° 13° 12° 13° 15° 16° 16° Maximum 30° 28° 28° 29° 30° 30° 29° Chance of rain 20% 5% 5% 5% 5% 5% 5% Likely amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index Very High High High Very High - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 7
Wind direction SE SW SSE SSE ESE SE E SE E SE ESE SE ESE ESE Relative humidity 26% 29% 31% 21% 29% 16% 23% 10% 26% 12% 30% 17% 28% 14% Dew point 6°C 9°C 2°C 4°C 2°C 0°C 0°C -6°C 4°C -2°C 6°C 3°C 5°C -1°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Antewenegerrde (25.9941°S, 128.3424°E, 564m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 5:20am WST 5:44am WST 5:08pm WST 5:31pm WST 6:00pm WST 6:12am WST Waning gibbous Last quarter Apr 27 New moon May 05 First quarter May 12 Full moon May 19
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 30 28 28 29 30 30 29
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 0 0 0 0 0 0 0