Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for LARGE HAILSTONES, HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Northern Rivers and parts of Mid North Coast and Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:26 pm Saturday, 17 November 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Grafton, Casino, Kyogle, Tabulam, Maclean, Wooli, Woolgoolga, Dorrigo and Glenreagh.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 5:30 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Arding (30.5885°S, 151.5567°E, 1055m AMSL) Arding,NSW set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Areas of fog this morning. High chance of showers on and east of the ranges, medium chance elsewhere. A thunderstorm likely during this afternoon and evening, possibly severe. Light winds becoming E/SE 20 to 30 km/h in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures 20 to 26.
Forecast for Arding (30.5885°S, 151.5567°E, 1055m AMSL) Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Summary Minimum 10° 9° 6° 7° 11° 11° 4° Maximum 23° 20° 24° 25° 23° 23° 20° Chance of rain 80% 20% 30% 60% 80% 90% 50% Likely amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 10-20mm 1-5mm < 1mm UV index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 12
Wind direction E SSE ESE ESE E ESE NW WNW NNW NW WNW WNW WNW W Relative humidity 79% 50% 84% 56% 71% 37% 67% 40% 75% 71% 79% 44% 54% 29% Dew point 12°C 12°C 10°C 11°C 9°C 8°C 10°C 10°C 12°C 18°C 12°C 10°C 2°C 2°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Arding (30.5885°S, 151.5567°E, 1055m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter 5:22am EDT 5:48am EDT 7:29pm EDT 7:56pm EDT 1:39pm EDT 2:13am EDT Waxing gibbous Full moon Nov 23 Last quarter Nov 30 New moon Dec 07 First quarter Dec 15
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 23 20 24 25 23 23 20
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 5 0 0 5 20 5 0