Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Hazardous Surf Warning for New South Wales
Issued at 4:34 am EST on Monday 20 August 2018
for the period until midnight EST Monday 20 August 2018.
Surf and swell conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities
such as rock fishing, boating, and swimming in the following areas.
Monday 20 August
Hazardous Surf Warning for:
Byron Coast, Coffs Coast, Macquarie Coast, Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast,
Illawarra Coast, Batemans Coast and Eden Coast
NSW Police Force, Marine Area Command advise that:
- People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near
- Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek
a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
- Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing
or delaying their voyage.
- Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and
wear a lifejacket.
- Boaters should remember to log on with their local Marine Rescue radio base,
via VHF Radio or the Marine Rescue APP, and consider their safety management
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 pm EST Monday.
Check the Coastal Waters Forecast for information on wind, wave and weather
conditions for these areas at http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/ or on marine radio.
Apple Tree Flat (32.6852°S, 149.705°E, 469m AMSL) Apple Tree Flat,NSW set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Mostly sunny. Areas of morning frost. Winds S/SW 20 to 30 km/h tending W/SW 15 to 25 km/h in the afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures between 8 and 15.
Forecast for Apple Tree Flat (32.6852°S, 149.705°E, 469m AMSL) Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Summary Minimum -3° -3° 0° -3° -1° 3° 4° Maximum 13° 13° 15° 17° 18° 15° 17° Chance of rain 5% 20% 10% 10% 90% 90% 90% Likely amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm UV index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate - - Frost risk Severe Severe High Severe Severe Moderate Slight 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 10
Wind direction SW WSW WSW WSW W WSW ENE NE E E E ENE NNW W Relative humidity 71% 29% 75% 45% 80% 44% 71% 27% 76% 36% 97% 66% 88% 52% Dew point -1°C -5°C -0°C 2°C 3°C 3°C 1°C -2°C 3°C 3°C 8°C 9°C 8°C 7°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Apple Tree Flat (32.6852°S, 149.705°E, 469m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter 6:09am EST 6:34am EST 5:36pm EST 6:02pm EST 12:25pm EST 1:41am EST Waxing gibbous Full moon Aug 26 Last quarter Sep 03 New moon Sep 10 First quarter Sep 17
- Hazardous Surf Warning Byron Coast, Coffs Coast, Macquarie Coast, Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast, Illawarra Coast, Batemans Coast & Eden Coast
- Gale Warning for all NSW coastal waters. Strong Wind Warning for Sydney Closed Waters
- Sheep Graziers Warning for Central/Southern Tablelands, Central W Slopes & Plains, SW Slopes, Riverina, Snowy Mtns and ACT
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday 13 13 15 17 18 15 17
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday 0 0 0 0 10 10 5