Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS and DAMAGING SURF
For people in parts of Mid North Coast, Hunter, Metropolitan, Illawarra and South Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:36 pm Sunday, 19 August 2018.
DAMAGING SURF AND SQUALLY WINDS DEVELOPING ALONG PARTS OF THE COAST
A complex low pressure system over the Tasman Sea is combining with a high pressure system to the state's west to produce vigorous south to southwesterly winds and large waves, especially along southern parts of the coast.
DAMAGING SURF conditions, with waves exceeding 5 metres, may produce significant beach erosion for south-facing coastal zones south of Sydney from late Sunday night, extending to south of South West Rocks on Monday morning.
A Hazardous Surf Warning is current.
DAMAGING WIND, averaging 50 to 60 km/h with gusts in excess of 90 km/h, are possible for coastal parts south of Wollongong, most likely with showers and thunderstorms.
Showers are likely to move offshore later on Sunday night reducing the risk to coastal parts.
Locations which may be affected include Port Macquarie, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Batemans Bay and Eden.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 pm AEST Sunday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Anambah (32.6761°S, 151.4951°E, 15m AMSL) Anambah,NSW set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Mostly sunny. Areas of morning frost about the Upper Hunter. Winds SW 25 to 40 km/h tending W 15 to 20 km/h in the evening then becoming light in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 1 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 18.
Forecast for Anambah (32.6761°S, 151.4951°E, 15m AMSL) Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Summary Minimum 6° 5° 7° 5° 5° 8° 8° Maximum 18° 20° 20° 19° 20° 20° 21° Chance of rain 5% 5% 5% 30% 60% 90% 90% Likely amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 10-20mm UV index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate - - - Frost risk Nil Slight Nil Slight Slight Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 14
Wind direction WSW SW WNW W W SSW W SE E ESE ENE E W NW Relative humidity 59% 42% 65% 44% 66% 49% 74% 54% 80% 63% 93% 86% 99% 74% Dew point 4°C 5°C 5°C 7°C 7°C 8°C 8°C 9°C 10°C 12°C 14°C 16°C 13°C 16°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Anambah (32.6761°S, 151.4951°E, 15m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter 6:01am EST 6:27am EST 5:28pm EST 5:54pm EST 12:17pm EST 1:33am EST Waxing gibbous Full moon Aug 26 Last quarter Sep 03 New moon Sep 10 First quarter Sep 17
- Severe Weather Warning (Damaging Winds & Damaging Surf) for Mid North Coast, Hunter, Metropolitan, Illawarra and South Coast
- Gale Warning for Macquarie, Hunter, Sydney, Eden, Illawarra & Batemans coasts. Strong Wind for Sydney Closed Waters, Byron & Coffs coasts
- Hazardous Surf Warning for Sydney Coast, Illawarra Coast, Batemans Coast and Eden Coast
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday 18 20 20 19 20 20 21
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday 0 0 0 0 5 10 20