Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for HEAVY RAINFALL, DAMAGING WINDS and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in Mid North Coast, Hunter, Metropolitan, Northern Tablelands and parts of Northern Rivers, Illawarra, South Coast, Central Tablelands and North West Slopes and Plains Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:13 pm Sunday, 16 December 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding, damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Taree, Newcastle, Gosford, Sydney, Wollongong, Armidale, Tamworth and Moree.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 6:15 pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in Sydney Newcastle Wollongong or surrounding areas, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Allawah (33.97°S, 151.1145°E, 50m AMSL) Allawah,NSW set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening, possibly severe. Winds N/NE 20 to 30 km/h shifting S/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Forecast for Allawah (33.97°S, 151.1145°E, 50m AMSL) Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Summary Minimum 21° 21° 21° 21° 21° 21° 19° Maximum 29° 29° 27° 26° 33° 24° 23° Chance of rain 50% 30% 60% 50% 40% 70% 80% Likely amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm UV index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 18
Wind direction NNE NE WNW E SSW S SSE ESE N NNE S SSE S SSE Relative humidity 78% 63% 72% 55% 79% 72% 79% 68% 74% 50% 70% 61% 71% 61% Dew point 20°C 21°C 20°C 19°C 20°C 22°C 20°C 20°C 21°C 22°C 17°C 16°C 15°C 15°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Allawah (33.97°S, 151.1145°E, 50m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter 5:09am EDT 5:39am EDT 8:03pm EDT 8:32pm EDT 1:17pm EDT 1:22am EDT Waxing gibbous Full moon Dec 23 Last quarter Dec 29 New moon Jan 06 First quarter Jan 14
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 29 29 27 26 33 24 23
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 5 0 0 5 5 5 5