Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for LARGE HAILSTONES, HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS
For people in parts of Northern Rivers, Mid North Coast, Hunter, North West Slopes and Plains and Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:05 pm Wednesday, 24 October 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Northern Rivers, Mid North Coast and Northern Tablelands districts. Locations which may be affected include Copmanhurst, Nymboida, Dorrigo, Ebor, Yarrowitch and Walcha.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Mid North Coast, Hunter, North West Slopes and Plains and Northern Tablelands districts. Locations which may be affected include Tamworth, Gunnedah, Quirindi, Mullaley, Bendemeer and Tambar Springs.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 7:05 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Abernethy (32.8832°S, 151.3967°E, 81m AMSL) Abernethy,NSW set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Cloudy. Slight chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm about the Upper Hunter during this afternoon and early evening. Winds S/SE 20 to 30 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures 20 to 26.
Forecast for Abernethy (32.8832°S, 151.3967°E, 81m AMSL) Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Summary Minimum 14° 13° 12° 12° 13° 11° 9° Maximum 22° 24° 24° 27° 21° 24° 29° Chance of rain 30% 30% 40% 50% 60% 90% 70% Likely amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm UV index Very High Very High Very High Very High Very High - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 16
Wind direction S SSE SSE ESE SW S SSW NE SSW SSE SSE ESE E ESE Relative humidity 75% 60% 73% 56% 76% 46% 76% 39% 77% 60% 80% 54% 76% 49% Dew point 15°C 13°C 13°C 15°C 14°C 12°C 14°C 12°C 14°C 13°C 13°C 13°C 13°C 17°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Abernethy (32.8832°S, 151.3967°E, 81m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter 5:39am EDT 6:05am EDT 7:14pm EDT 7:39pm EDT 6:43pm EDT 5:56am EDT Waxing gibbous Full moon Oct 25 Last quarter Nov 01 New moon Nov 08 First quarter Nov 16
Temperature for next 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday 22 24 24 27 21 24 29
Rain for next 7 days
Rain in 7 days Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday 0 0 0 0 5 5 5